These winter Lake Tahoe engagement photos were SO fun!! Rowan and Chris were so easygoing and down for anything! Rowan had a very specific vision for these photos and even had the dress picked out before reaching out!! I absolutely loved getting to help bring her vision to life!! She’s a self-proclaimed winter-lover so this was perfect for her! Chris on the other hand prefers warm weather!! So they compromised and are getting married in May for warmer weather but opted to take engagement photos in the snow!
While I always love a good snow shoot, this one happened to be during one of the heaviest snowstorms in Lake Tahoe in years! The snow was exceptionally deep so we had to tread lightly! We ended up getting them up on a rock so that they wouldn’t keep sliding through with the snow cutting off half of their height!
They were absolute champs and after a few minutes of trekking through the snow, we headed back to the main road to get creative with the photos!!! It was a pretty quiet road so we got some incredible shots in the middle of the road and in the back of my car!!! I highly recommend some car shots because they’re always cute and cozy!! They’re also a great way to take a break from the elements too!!
Snowy Engagement Photo Tips
If you’re thinking of having your engagement photos taken in Lake Tahoe or anywhere else snowy, here are some tips to make it the best experience!
- Bring warm jackets (you’ll want to put it on when walking between locations)
- Wear boots (they look so cute with any outfit)
- Pack snowshoes in case you end up hiking out in deep snow
- Hand warmers are basically a must! You can put them in your gloves, pockets, etc to keep warm!!
- Lay out a cute blanket in the back of your car (it’ll be the perfect protected place to take more photos when you need a break from the elements)
- Have a hot drink ready in the car for when you’re all done (you’ll thank me later!!)
Most importantly, just bring your adventurous spirit and know that it’s going to be SO fun!!! Whether you’re doing a more classic romantic look like these two, or a casual roll around in the snow type vibe, come prepared with all the ways to warm up after!
Winter Lake Tahoe engagement photos by Rachel Christopherson Photography